HistoryConstruction began in 1947; first tyres (Goodyear and Dunlop) successfully moulded on March 11, 1949. the official opening was on June 10, 1949.
The last pair of tyres, again Goodyear and Dunlop, were moulded on December 22, 2006.
Description This node has been edited to isolate machinery pictures from those of factory buildings and people.
Most of the information was provided or obtained from former employees by Don McLeod, B E, who was an engineering designer in the plant for nearly 30 years.
Upper Hutt City Library (29th Sep 2015). Dunlop/South Pacific tyre factory equipment. In Website Upper Hutt City Library. Retrieved 25th Sep 2017 18:09, from http://archives.uhcc.govt.nz/nodes/view/24358